Please check system information first.
If the FW version is newer than the firmware which you want to upgrade,
It doesn’t need to upgrade firmware again.
Upgrade firmware Procedure:
1. Copy the bin file (P9XCE60R.bin) and P9XUtility.cab to root directory of Micro SD card.
Note: The file name must be “P9XCE60R.bin” and “P9XUtility.cab”–do not rename it
2. Insert the Micro SD card into PT -90 series.
3. Plug the power adapter into the PT -90.
4. Do cold reset (press power key and reset key at the same time).
5. When you see screen like picture1, please press Func key and‧key immediately .
6. It will show Upgrading like picture3.
7. If you don’t press hot key immediately , it will show Loading OS like picture2.
8. When your screen show Loading OS like picture2, please return to step4.
9. Then Press ENT to start upgrading.
10. Upgrading will cost 5~10 minutes like picture4.
11. After the image successfully update, the PT -90 automatically cold-starts with the new OS.
PS. The format of SD card must be FAT32.
If it shows error message [Read File Error], please use“complete format” SD card again.
USB driver install Procedure:
XP OS system:
a01) please install ActiveSync first.
a02) after upgrade new firmware, user needs to install new PT90 USB
driver when PT90 connect PC via USB.
a03) Connect PT90 to PC via USB, it shows a message like picture5.
a04) OS shows a window to search driver like picture6.
a05) Please select No, not this time.
a06) then select install from a list or specific location (Advanced) like picture7.
a07) after press Next button, it shows a window like picture8.
a08) it needs driver files wceusbsh.inf and wceusbsh.sys.
a09) please copy these two files to PC in the same folder and press
browse button to search the folder like picture8.
a10) please press Next button to install driver.
a11) after install success, OS shows a message like picture9.
1. Every USB port needs to install PT90 USB driver again.
2. Please install ActiveSync first.
3. Please don’t copy these two files from CD.
Vista OS system:
b01) ActiveSync only support XP OS system. On Vista OS system, it only supports Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center.
b02) please download from Microsoft website.
Below is a download link for reference.
b03) it needs driver files wceusbsh.inf and winusb.sys.
b04) Connect PT90 to PC via USB, it shows a message like picture10.
b05) select Locate and install driver software.
b06) Select “I don’t have the disc. Show me other options” like picture11.
b07) select “Browse my computer for driver software” like picture12.
b08) select browse the folder which has two driver files.
b09) Select “Install this driver software anyway” like picture15.
b10) after install finish, OS shows a message like picture
b11) if user installed wrong driver, please follow below steps
b12) Plug in PT90 USB cable then check Device manager like picture17.
If shows “wceusbsh.sys”, please follow b13 and b14 steps to remove it.
b13) select “Mobile Computer USB Sync” and choose uninstall like picture 18.
b14) tick the check box and press ok button like picture19.
b16) after remove wrong, please install driver again.
Win7 OS system:
C01) On Vista OS system, it only supports Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center.
C02) if your OS system is 64bit, please download 64bit version
Windows Mobile Device Center from Microsoft
C03) if your OS system is 32bit, it needs driver files wceusbsh.inf and winusb.sys.
If your OS system is 64bit, it needs driver files wceusbsh.inf and wceusbsh.cat
C04) Connect PT90 to PC via USB, it shows a message like picture