It is essential to keep printhead clean if you want the best print quality. We strongly recommend that you clean the printhead when you load a new media roll. If the printer is operated in critical environment, or the print quality declines, you need to clean the printhead more frequently.
The reason may cause your TPH out of quility
- Lost Coating: the face to print label has a protect coating to prevent heating component exposure directly.
- Foreign material: some of debris or fragments may under thermal printer head from different ways. It may scratch TPH when print.
- Static electricity: static electricity is the one of reason for TPH bad dot.
- Pollution: bad working condition such as steam, servant or head sweat may cause TPH rust.
- Quality: low quality label or ribbon
Keep in mind these things before you clean:
- Keep the water away in case of corrosion on heating elements.
- If you just finish printing, wait until the printhead cools down.
- Do not touch the printhead with bare hands or hard objects.
- Moisten a soft cloth or a cotton swab with ethyl alcohol.
- Gently wipe the printhead in one direction. That is, wipe it only from left to right or vice versa. Do not wipe back-and-forth, in case dust or dirt attaches to the printhead again.